Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Module 11: Sharing Tools

This week was about sharing ArcGIS tools.  Adding comments to the tool, adding a script to the tool, and adding a password to the tool was also covered.  Below is a screenshot of the tool that I added descriptions to and results of the script.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Lab 8 – Damage Assessment

In this weeks lab I tracked a hurricane path and did a damage assessment from the hurricane.
For part of the lab I assessed homes in the path of hurricane Sandy for damage based on aerial images. below is a screenshot of the table with the damage assessment and houses color coded based on damage.


Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Lab 6 – Crime Analysis


This week I made a crime hot spot map using different crime analysis techniques.  These included grid based and kernel density methods.  The below map shows the results of these methods on burglaries in Albuquerque, NM.



Module 7: Explore/Manipulate Spatial Data

This week I used python to create a new geodatabase and copy data to it. I also made a dictionary, and populated it.  I used cursor methods and added print statements to the beginning and end of each step.  Below is the result.


Friday, June 30, 2017

Lab 5 – Spatial Accessibility Modeling

This week we covered network analysis. I started with doing ESRI tutorials for the network extension. Then for part B, I reviewed hospital proximity to people. For part C, I analysed the effect of closing a campus in the Austin Community College system in Travis county, Texas.  Below is the map. I got stuck on several parts of this lab.

 


Sunday, June 25, 2017

Module 6: Geoprocessing with Python

This week I wrote a script that performs multiple geoprocessing functions.  First I imported necessary modules and classes.  The script runs the AddXY _management tool to the hospitals layer and then the buffer tool to set a 1000 meter buffer.  Then dissolve is run to turn the results into one shape file.  Below is a screenshot of the results.



Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Module 5: Geoprocessing in ArcGIS

This week we covered model builder and how to export it as a script.  A model was created that took a soils file, clipped it to another layer and then erased the non-farmland parts of the soil layer.  The model was exported as a script and I made sure that it ran in PythonWin.